- Land Rover DC100 investigates the potential future direction of the iconic Defender
- Demonstrates the future of Land Rover capability and versatility
- Functional and purposeful design delivered by Land Rover design team, led by Gerry McGovern
- Land Rover confirms its intention to launch a new Defender in 2015
The Land Rover DC100, a modern interpretation of the iconic Land Rover Defender will make its debut at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Land Rover also confirms today, that production of a new Defender is intended for 2015.
Commenting on the Land Rover DC100 concept car,Gerry McGovern, Director of Design, Land Roversaid:"Replacing the iconic Defender is one of the biggest challenges in the automotive design world; it is a car that inspires people worldwide. This isn't a production-ready concept but the beginning of a four-year journey to design a relevant Defender for the 21st century."
John Edwards, Global Brand Director, Land Roveradded: "Loved the world over for its simple, honest and distinctive design, we are determined that the new Defender will be true to its heritage, while meeting the requirements of a changing global market.
We plan to engage with existing and potential customers to help us finalise the details of the new vehicle. One thing's for sure, it's going to be an exciting journey, and we can't wait to get going."
The Land Rover DC100 concept builds upon the essential elements of the car's character and allows Land Rover to open the debate and inspire people to dream about the Defenders of the future. The next chapter in the Defender story will unfold at 09:15 hrs (CET) on September 13, 2011 at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Notes to editors
- Global media are invited to attend the Jaguar Land Rover Frankfurt Show press conference at 09:15 hrs (CET) on Tuesday September 13,2011. The conference takes place on the Jaguar Land Rover stand in Hall 5.
- A live webstream of the press conference will be broadcasted on www.landrover.com
- Full information on the DC100 will be available on the stand and at www.medialandrover.com