- Land Rover produces the only approved Defender book
- Painstakingly researched Icon book celebrates Series and Defender Land Rovers
- Announcement comes 69 years to the day since the world debut of the original Land Rover at the Amsterdam Motor Show on 30 April 1948
- High-quality hardback volume features previously unseen images, exclusive interviews and freshly commissioned artwork to chart the definitive official history of the iconic 4x4
- Foreword by world-famous Land Rover customer and The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond
- The definitive story of Series and Defender models will be available in hardback in July priced at £50 (RRP)
On this day 69 years ago a legend was born as the first Land Rover was revealed to the world at the Amsterdam Motor Show. Over the next seven decades the rugged 4x4 visited all corners of the world as it wrote its name into automotive folklore.
As Land Rover begins the countdown towards its 70th anniversary celebrations on 30 April 2018, the perfect gift for Defender lovers across the globe has been announced. Icon is the definitive official book celebrating Series and Defender models. It hits the shelves in July.
The carefully curated and beautifully produced hardback charts the legendary expeditions, humanitarian projects and adventures undertaken by these incredible machines and the people who brought them to life
The collector’s item will be available online and at selected showrooms and Experience Centres
It features carefully chosen archive images, vivid first-hand accounts and exclusive interviews with the people behind the most recognisable 4x4 on the planet, including production line employees, significant customers and company executives. The team responsible for the next generation Defender, Chief Design Officer Gerry McGovern and Executive Director – Product Engineering, Nick Rogers, also share their thoughts on what makes Defender so special.
High-quality hardback volume features freshly commissioned artwork to chart the definitive official history of the iconic 4x4
Series and Defender models have been a popular choice for politicians, celebrities and even Royalty over the last 69 years, so well-known contributors also share their experiences. The foreword is provided by world famous Land Rover customer and The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond, while adventurer and broadcaster Bear Grylls, fashion legend Ralph Lauren and Rugby World Cup winner and former South Africa captain John Smit are just a few of the other famous names to grace the pages.
Icon stretches over 10 chapters and more than 200 pages and captures the essence of the Series and Defender models through the vehicles themselves and the people who have loved, driven and relied upon them over the last 69 years