● Range Rover Sentinel: Discreetly armoured variant is designed, engineered and built by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations
● Exceptional performance: Now featuring Land Rover’s 5.0-litre Supercharged V8 petrol engine, capable of 0-100km/h in 10.4 seconds (0-60mph in 9.8 seconds)
● A mobile fortress: Features the latest in occupant protection including armoured glass, roof blast-protection and emergency escape system
● Customary refinement: All of the design, refinement and presence expected of the luxury Range Rover Autobiography SUV
● Peerless capability: Upgrades to the chassis, suspension and braking systems ensure legendary all-terrain capability is retained
● Show debut: New armoured vehicle will make its debut at the Home Office Security and Policing show on 5 March 2019
● Find out more: www.landrover.com/sentinel
Monday 4 March 2019, Fen End, UK: Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations today reveals the latest version of its armoured Range Rover Sentinel, which now features more power, unparalleled refinement, all-terrain capability and the latest in occupant protection.
The 380PS 5.0-litre Supercharged V8 petrol engine gives a 40PS power uplift over the V6 petrol fitted previously, ensuring the armoured SUV retains exceptional Range Rover performance across all terrains. Carrying more than one tonne of armour plate and glass, Sentinel will accelerate from 0-100km/h in 10.4 seconds (0-60mph in 9.8 seconds), with top speed limited to 193km/h (120mph).
Designed and engineered by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, and built at the SV Technical Centre in Warwickshire, the armoured Sentinel provides peerless occupant security with world class comfort. At its core is a protection cell built to stringent whole vehicle standards and in accordance with full ballistic and blast certification*. The enhanced body is engineered to face modern and unconventional forms of attack, including improvised explosive device (IED) fragmentation blasts.
The Range Rover Sentinel delivers the exceptional protection and security required by our VIP clients without compromising the superior refinement of the latest Range Rover. The addition of the more powerful 5.0-litre Supercharged V8 engine and a redesigned interior ensures a heightened level of performance and occupant safety
Michael van der Sande
Managing Director, Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations
The chassis, suspension, braking and electronic stability systems are all optimised to retain Range Rover’s on-road dynamics, while Sentinel also delivers unparalleled off-road ability for an armoured vehicle of this kind, enabling it to tackle deep water crossings and challenging terrain with ease. Specially manufactured wheels incorporate a run-flat system so the vehicle can be driven over distances of more than 50km (up to 30 miles) at speeds of 80km/h (50mph) if a tyre is damaged.
Sentinel is fitted with armoured glass in order to help protect occupants from attack. Further security systems includes the option for a specially configured front window which drops a maximum of 150mm for document delivery, while it also features a public address system allowing occupants to address people outside the vehicle without leaving their secure environment. Siren and emergency lighting packs are also available.
Range Rover’s peerless refinement is retained with the new Sentinel gaining improved cabin space, enhanced headroom and superior seating over the previous generation, which ensures occupants not only benefit from complete protection on the move but also enjoy truly world class comfort. The interior also features Land Rover’s latest Touch Pro Duo infotainment system with two 10-inch high resolution touch screens.
Featuring the latest Range Rover exterior design elements, including LED lighting, Sentinel is now offered with the optional Black Pack which adds black finishes to trim items for an even more sophisticated appearance.
The updated Range Rover Sentinel will make its debut at the Home Office Security and Policing show from 5-7 March 2019, at Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre.