- U.S. Ski & Snowboard Cross-Country athlete and Land Rover Ambassador Jessie Diggins drives the new Land Rover Defender at the Land Rover Experience Center at Equinox Lodge in VT
- New safety measures facilitate the re-opening of U.S.-based Land Rover Driving Schools to allow guests to drive a variety of off-road terrains in their own and new Land Rover vehicles, including the new Defender
- Safety practices to include new contactless signup and payment, face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer provided to guests upon arrival; fully sanitized vehicles between experiences, temperature checks for staff daily and guests prior to each experience
- Centers reopen with brand new ‘Bring Your Own Vehicle’ experience
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender1 joins the lineup of available vehicles
- For additional details, or to book an experience at a US Experience Center, please visit www.landroverusa.com/experience.
Land Rover North America has announced the reopening of its U.S. Land Rover Experience Centers, with a variety of programs designed to offer fun and rewarding drive experiences. Coached by experts and supported by safety practices, such as contactless signup and payment to help ensure the health and safety of its visitors and staff, the experiences allows individuals to stay close to home and enjoy the great outdoor with their vehicles.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Cross Country athlete and 2018 gold medalist Jessie Diggins was among the first to take advantage of the school reopening, as she got behind the wheel of the new 2020 Land Rover Defender at Equinox Lodge in Manchester, VT earlier this week.
“Visiting the Land Rover Experience driving school and getting behind the wheel of the new Defender was an awesome experience,” said Land Rover Ambassador Jessie Diggins. “As an athlete, I also take health and safety very seriously, and the team at the Land Rover Experience did an outstanding job with their COVID-19 procedures and made me feel very comfortable. It was such a fun experience and it certainly expanded my driving abilities.”
The Land Rover Experience Centers, located at Quail Lodge in Carmel, CA; Equinox Resort in Manchester, VT; and the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, have incorporated a number of safety practices to ensure an exciting outdoor adventure for all. Expert instructor coaching will no longer be in vehicle, but rather delivered via lead follow 2-way radio communication, hand signals and ground marshalling.
Land Rover will also provide all guests with face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer upon arrival and all vehicles will be fully sanitized after each Experience. In addition, temperature checks will be conducted for staff members daily, and for guests prior to each experience.
“We are thrilled to be able to reopen our Land Rover Experience Centers throughout the U.S. The wellbeing of our guests and staff is at the center of the extensive health and safety guidelines we have put in place at each location,” said Michael Curmi, Director, Brand Experience, Jaguar Land Rover North America. “We are especially excited for guests to experience the Centers’ latest addition, the new 2020 Land Rover Defender.”
Experiences at the centers range from one hour to full day, start at $275, and include popular packages like Half Day, Full Day, and Heritage Experiences. Each experience incorporates certified Land Rover Experience Instructors, who demonstrate the full capabilities of the brand’s latest SUV vehicles across a variety of terrains including water crossings, muddy ruts and rock crawls, all redesigned to be entirely outdoors.
New for the season is the ‘Bring Your Own Vehicle Experience,’ a half day program where participants can explore the Center trails in their own Land Rover vehicles. Guests will also have the opportunity to drive the most capable Land Rover ever produced with the addition of the Defender to the Centers.1
In 2019, Land Rover announced the brand’s partnership with U.S. Ski and Snowboard, as the organization’s Official Vehicle Partner. Through the partnership, 10 athletes were chosen as brand ambassadors, including Diggins.
For additional details, or to book an experience at a U.S. Experience Center, please visit www.landroverusa.com/experience.
1Limited Land Rover Defender vehicles at all U.S. Land Rover Experience Driving School. Pending availability.