- Defender will produce 230 adventure-ready, Defender Trophy Edition vehicles in 2023, continuing the legacy of adventure and community spirit.
- Based on the 2023 MY Defender 130 P400 SE, the Defender Trophy Edition will feature a bespoke exterior Trophy Edition wrap in a stealth Santorini Black Matte colorway, with a unique topographical map design on the doors and spare tire cover, an Ebony Grained Leather interior, and custom interior badging.
- All-terrain equipment includes a roof box from Pelican Products, expedition roof rack, deployable ladder, electronic winch (3), front and rear mud flaps, wheel arch protection, front under shield, and load space rubber mats.
- Defender Trophy Edition purchase (2) includes an opportunity to participate in a two-person entry to a one-day off-road adventure in the 2023 North American Defender Trophy Competition held in Austin, Texas starting from October 29, 2023.
- The overall winning team of the North American Trophy Competition will receive a four-day Adventure Travel experience in Namibia.
- A newly designed Defender Trophy Logo reflects the reductive design language of Defender, appealing to the modern-day adventurer.
- The Defender Trophy Edition will be available this August, priced at $103,000 (1) (before destination and delivery), and can be purchased at certain Land Rover retailers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition.html
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – 10 August, 2023 – As purveyors of modern luxury, Defender continues to transform the ownership experience and celebrate the spirit of adventure with the announcement of a limited production Defender Trophy Edition and an opportunity to join an exclusive adventure competition held in Austin, Texas beginning on October 29, 2023. Following the success of the 2021 and 2022 Defender Trophy competitions, owners can take part in the expedition-style competition included with purchase (2). This unique experience provides an opportunity for owners to “Embrace the Impossible” through a team-based, adventure competition, highlighting the capability of Defender.
The Defender Trophy Edition continues the spirit of adventure which is deep rooted in the model’s legacy across the globe. The 2023 Defender Trophy Edition is based on the Defender 130 P400 SE, featuring a custom vehicle wrap in a matte Santorini Black colorway, underpinned by a topographical map design on the door panels and spare wheel cover, along with new Defender Trophy logo accents. An extended exterior black pack, Ebony Grained Leather interior and custom interior badging add additional visual elements.
Adventure Ready. The Defender Trophy Edition is designed to tackle some of the most demanding endurance challenges. Additional all-terrain equipment includes a roof box from Pelican Products, expedition roof rack, deployable ladder, electronic winch (3), front and rear mud flaps, wheel arch protection, tow hitch receiver, Cold Climate Pack, Black Exposed Rear Recovery Eyes, Off-road Pack, and Advanced Off-road Capability Pack, front undershield, and loadspace rubber mats.
The Defender Trophy Edition enables owners to embrace the impossible and experience the adventurous spirit of Defender for themselves. Taking part in the exclusive expedition-style competition provides a unique experience for owners to put their off-road skills and team work to the test.
US Chief Marketing Officer, Jaguar Land Rover North America
220 Defender Trophy Edition vehicles will be sold exclusively in the U.S., with an additional 10 going to Canada. Each will come with an opportunity for a two-person, vehicle owner and guest, to enter a one-day off-road adventure in the Defender Trophy Competition. (4) Up to 90 teams (competition waves of 15 teams maximum on a first come, first served basis) from the U.S. will compete starting from October 29, 2023, through November 8, 2023.
The overall winning team, as determined by a judging panel, will receive a four- day Adventure Travel experience in Namibia. Participants will pilot Defender Vehicles on iconic pathways and dunes that run across the wilderness in the Erongo Mountains and Spitzcoppe Peaks.
Competitors will face several on- and off-road challenges, including physical and team-building obstacles. In addition, expert one-on-one coaching will be provided as part of the adventure, giving customers a unique opportunity to develop extreme driving techniques and skills in their own vehicle before putting their training to the test.
The Defender Trophy Edition will be available in August 2023, with an MSRP of $103,000 (1) before destination and delivery. It can be purchased at certain Land Rover retailers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more visit, landroverusa.com/defendertrophyedition .