- New Evoque stands out from luxury competitors with reductionist exterior design, a luxuriously-crafted interior featuring the latest in-car technologies and a host of advanced driver assistance features
- Sumptuous, sustainable interior materials offered including new Eucalyptus Textile and Ultrafabrics® material
- All-new 48-volt 296-hp mild-hybrid (MHEV) powertrain available alongside a 246-hp Ingenium four-cylinder gasoline engine
- New Premium Transverse Architecture delivers quiet, smooth driving characteristics and new driver assistance features
- New design delivers more rear passenger knee room, greater luggage space and increased small item storage
- Segment first ‘ClearSight Ground View’ technology, part of the optional 360 Surround Camera system, offers owners visibility under the front of the vehicle for easier maneuvering
- Optional ‘ClearSight Rear View Mirror’ revolutionizes drivers’ rear view mirror visibility (1)
- Terrain Response® 2 technology, offered for the first time on the Range Rover Evoque, provides an automatic mode to the Terrain Response settings (1)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connect you to your smartphone (2,3), an available 4G WiFi hotspot connects you to the internet (4), and InControl Remote connects you to the vehicle
- U.S. models and pricing revealed at 2019 Chicago Auto Show
- MSRP starting from $42,650 (9); on sale from Spring 2019
- For more information or to register your interest visit LandRoverUSA.com/allnewevoque
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – November 22, 2018 – Today, Land Rover has revealed the all-new 2020 Range Rover Evoque compact luxury SUV. Featuring an all new design language, advanced driver assistance technologies, a new hybrid-electric powertrain option and groundbreaking off-road technologies, the new, second generation, Range Rover Evoque is at home in both the city and the mountains.
U.S. MODELS AND MSRP9
2.0L T/C i4; 246hp
2.0L T/C i4; 246hp
First Edition (P250)
2.0L T/C i4; 246hp
R-Dynamic S (P300)
2.0L T/C i4 MHEV; 296hp
R-Dynamic SE (P300)
2.0L T/C i4 MHEV; 296hp
R-Dynamic HSE (P300)
2.0L T/C i4 MHEV; 296hp
With global sales of more than 772,000 and more than 217 international awards to its credit, the new Range Rover Evoque is a sophisticated evolution of the original model that pioneered the luxury compact SUV market. Combining unrivalled Range Rover presence with cutting-edge technology – designed, engineered and manufactured in Britain – the all-new Range Rover Evoque offers something truly unique to today’s customers.
Building on the original model’s instantly-recognizable design, the new Range Rover Evoque is a sophisticated evolution of the original’s distinctive coupe-like silhouette, typified by its distinctive fast roofline and rising belt line that identify the Range Rover family at first glance.
The vehicle’s dramatic proportions are amplified by its pronounced shoulders and wheelarches that, alongside the optional 21-inch wheels, combine to create a strong and dynamic profile.
The introduction of new slim LED head- and tail-lights emphasize the vehicle’s new design language while flush door handles add to the smooth, sculpted aesthetic. Optional R-Dynamic details and burnished copper accents add to the vehicle’s unique appeal.
Inside, the finely crafted design integrates uncluttered surfaces and simple lines with carefully curated premium materials to create a luxurious, minimalist, digital cabin. Offered as premium alternatives to leather, technical textiles such as Kvadrat wool blend and Dinamica® suedecloth, as well as a Eucalyptus Textile and Ultrafabrics® use recycled plastics and natural materials. The cabin is designed to be a calm and serene space, ensuring the comfort of its occupants, with technologies such as the optional twin touchscreen InControl Touch Pro Duo™ infotainment system, featuring new, faster software, 16-way seat controls, and cabin air ionization that complement the increased interior space.
“When the Range Rover Evoque made its debut back in 2010, it transformed the world of compact SUVs; the new model is set to continue that remarkable journey,” said, Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Design Officer. “This characterful vehicle combines refinement and fun to create that all important emotional reaction that will turn heads and make people smile.”
The footprint of the new model is almost identical to that of the previous model, yet there is more interior space than before thanks to the Land Rover brand’s new mixed-metal Premium Transverse Architecture. A longer wheelbase yields 0.8-in (21mm) of extra rear knee room and an increase in small item storage such as a larger glove box and center console. The luggage space is 6 percent larger (21.54 cu-ft) than that of the previous model as well as much wider, with space increasing to 50.5 cu-ft when the flexible 40:20:40 second-row seats are folded.
The new architecture has been developed to support electrification, with a 48-volt mild-hybrid powertrain available at launch, alongside a traditional four-cylinder gasoline engine. The mild-hybrid powertrain is a first for the Land Rover brand and works by harvesting energy normally lost during deceleration thanks to the engine-mounted belt-integrated starter generator, storing it in the under-floor battery. At speeds below 11mph (17km/h), the engine is designed to shut off while the driver applies the brakes. When pulling away, the stored energy is redeployed to assist the engine under acceleration.
The new Range Rover Evoque features All-Wheel Drive and Driveline Disconnect as standard. Combined with the available second-generation Active Driveline (standard on P300 models) and the optional Adaptive Dynamics feature, the Range Rover Evoque is designed to deliver the optimum balance of comfort and agility6. For more adverse conditions, the standard Terrain Response® 2 system is designed to automatically detect the surface being driven on, adjusting the vehicle’s driving character accordingly1. The new Range Rover Evoque can also now wade through water up to 23.6-in (600mm) (previously 19.7-in/500mm)1.
The famed Range Rover command driving position also received an upgrade with a ‘ClearSight Rear View Mirror’ that transforms into an HD video screen when engaged. If rear visibility is compromised by passengers or bulky items, the driver can flip a switch on the underside of the mirror and a camera feed from the top of the car displays what is behind the vehicle in crisp high definition1. The screen provides a 50-degree field of vision and superior visibility in low light.
The new Range Rover Evoque is also the first vehicle to feature ‘ClearSight Ground View’ technology, which is designed to allow the driver to virtually see through the hood and under the front end of the vehicle by projecting a 180-degree view of the ground onto the vehicle’s upper touchscreen1. This is useful when negotiating difficult parking spaces, navigating high city curbs or tackling rough terrain and is the realization of the ‘Transparent Bonnet’ technology previewed by the Land Rover brand in 2014.
The new Range Rover Evoque is also the first Land Rover model to feature Smart Settings, a system which uses artificial intelligence algorithms to learn the driver’s preferences in order to automate comfort and media settings throughout the drive. In addition to seat position, music and climate settings, the Smart Settings system in the Range Rover Evoque can also preselect steering column preferences to maximize comfort.
Jaguar Land Rover remains committed to the UK car industry; the development of the all-new Range Rover Evoque was facilitated by a £1 billion investment to support its creation and delivery. This includes £110 million into the company’s UK manufacturing plant in Halewood, Merseyside, to develop its state-of-the-art flexible manufacturing facility.
- Modernist design philosophy creates a bold and purposeful evolution of the instantly recognizable Range Rover Evoque shape
- Uncluttered surfaces and sumptuous materials combine to form a sophisticated and luxurious cabin
- The optional InControl Touch Pro™ Duo infotainment system, featuring two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens offers unrivalled functionality and intuitive operation7
- Refined interior and exterior colors offered alongside a selection of responsibly-sourced materials including Eucalyptus-derived textiles and Kvadrat wool blends
- Increased rear legroom, a larger loadspace and enhanced small item storage areas are made possible thanks to a longer vehicle wheelbase
Designed to expertly blend city living with country escapism, the new Range Rover Evoque builds on the original model’s enduring luxury appeal with a purposeful and precise evolution of its instantly recognizable silhouette.
The enduring profile and coupe-like silhouette of the Range Rover Evoque is typified by its distinctive fast roofline and rising belt line. The vehicle’s proportions are amplified by its pronounced shoulders and powerful wheelarches that, alongside optional 21-inch wheels, combine to create a strong and dynamic attitude.
New slim LED headlamps provide a more sophisticated front and rear lamp design. Flush door handles add to the smooth, sculpted aesthetic.
Stretching across the rear of the vehicle is a striking black accent that creates a sense of visual width, while the reduction of exterior panel gaps demonstrates the level of craftsmanship the brand’s designers and engineers have worked to achieve.
“Customers love the compact proportions of the Evoque so we have kept the overall dimensions very similar to the original, but we have lengthened the wheelbase to make the Evoque more practical,” said Massimo Frascella, Exterior Design Director, Land Rover. “Our approach has optimized the proportions to elevate the new vehicle’s unique personality. The new Evoque is a true Range Rover, highly sophisticated with a unique and striking presence.”
The Range Rover Evoque introduces two striking new exterior colors: Seoul Pearl Silver, a luxurious, warm pearlescent silver named after the South Korean Capital, while Nolita Grey, unique to the First Edition model is a metallic finish with burnished copper accents in homage to the edgy, urban district of New York City.
The Range Rover Evoque introduces new levels of refinement and luxury to the vehicle’s cabin with a revolutionary approach to the interior design. The unbroken horizontal dashboard architecture emphasizes a feeling of width and space that, alongside a more steeply raked instrument panel, gives the interior a very sophisticated feel. With its unique blend of uncluttered surfaces and contemporary materials, this next-generation compact SUV pays homage to the established Range Rover DNA.
There is more rear leg and knee room for occupants thanks to the 0.8-in (21mm) longer wheelbase, while there is also now more foot space under each seat thanks to the new seat mounting points.
The luxurious cabin also has a greater focus on usability and intuitive technologies. The striking two screens and capacitive switches of the optional InControl Touch Pro™ Duo infotainment system are the focal point of the interior environment. The beautiful clean design neatly integrates touchscreen technology with simple-to-use rotary dials7.
Enhancing the convenience of the vehicle is a large center console with twin sliding armrests, doors that can now accommodate large 1.5-liter water bottles, and storage behind the lower touchscreen which can discreetly hold small items such as wallets and cell phones.
The sumptuous interior feel of the Range Rover Evoque is enhanced with the introduction of two new color combinations – Cloud and Deep Garnet. These are offered alongside technical material options, such as the Kvadrat wool blend and the new Eucalyptus Melange textile in combination with Ultrafabrics® . Each seat is available with unique tailored details, such as cut diamond perforation and Arctic Petrol micro-piping.
“We placed a great deal of focus on the creation of refined, sumptuous interior and exterior color and material details,” said, Amy Frascella, Chief Designer Color and Materials, Land Rover. “New materials designed and developed to offer different technical attributes alongside a more modern look and feel combine to offer more contemporary options for one of our most progressive vehicles yet.”
- New Land Rover Premium Transverse Architecture is strong and stiff, assisting with on-road refinement and all-terrain capability1
- New Integral Link rear and MacPherson Hydrobush front suspension enhance ride comfort on road, while reducing cabin noise and providing a wider luggage space
- A new Adaptive Dynamics system enables precise body control and agile handling1
- Terrain Response® 2 technology introduced alongside enhanced 23.6-in (600mm) wading capability1
- Standard Driveline Disconnect system designed to seamlessly switch between two- and all-wheel drive
Controlled, comfortable and confident, the new Range Rover Evoque builds on the strengths of the best-selling original. Combining all-terrain capability with on-road composure, the model’s new vehicle architecture, updated front and rear suspension and the latest Adaptive Dynamics technology, deliver improved refinement, performance and stability in a variety of conditions.
“The new Evoque delivers the versatility and refinement required for modern city living, while still providing the all-terrain capability our customers expect from a Land Rover,” said, Pete Simkin, Chief Program Engineer, Range Rover Evoque. “We’ve engineered the new Evoque from the ground up, scrutinizing every element to ensure we exceed the customers’ expectations.”
The Range Rover Evoque is based on the Land Rover brand’s new mixed-metal Premium Transverse Architecture, which has been designed to support a 48-volt mild hybrid-electric powertrain, as well as a four-cylinder Ingenium gasoline engine. The new body is 13% stiffer than its predecessor, which together with rigidly-mounted subframes reduces noise and vibration intrusion into the cabin.
The available high-output 296-hp MHEV Ingenium gasoline engine has been updated with new technologies to make it quieter and more refined, while the ZF nine-speed automatic transmission has been recalibrated to ensure a smoother, more progressive driving on various terrains.
The Integral Link rear suspension is designed to separate lateral and longitudinal forces to enhance body control and agility, providing greater comfort and confidence on the road1. At the front, a MacPherson strut Hydrobush front suspension features fluid-filled bushings designed to minimize the high-speed wheel vibration typically felt through the steering wheel.
The optional Adaptive Dynamics system combines intelligent sensors and continuously variable suspension dampers to monitor road conditions every 100 milliseconds. The system is designed to constantly adjust the dampers settings to offer a composed ride for added control across varying terrains and road surfaces1.
An Active Driveline system is also offered on the new Range Rover Evoque – standard on P300 models. This electronic torque vectoring system is designed to constantly balance the distribution of engine torque across both the front and rear axles when cornering to assist with grip and steering confidence1. Further, the standard Driveline Disconnect system, fully disengages drive to the rear wheels when cruising to reduce frictional losses before seamlessly re-engaging in a fraction of a second when conditions dictate a need for additional traction6.
The new Range Rover Evoque raises the bar for all-terrain capability in the compact luxury SUV segment, with a unique blend of inherent off-road ability and enhanced technology to provide traction on varying surfaces and conditions. The vehicle offers a ground clearance of 8.3-in (212mm), with approach and departure angles of up to 25 degrees in the front (with the Tow Eye Cover removed) and 30.6 degrees in the rear.
The standard Terrain Response® 2 system is featured for the first time on the new Range Rover Evoque. Not only does the system allow drivers to choose from five driving modes (General, ECO, Sand, Grass-Gravel-Snow, and Mud & Ruts) to optimize performance and capability, but the new ‘Auto’ mode enables the Range Rover Evoque to select the most appropriate mode for the conditions and automatically adjust its torque delivery to suit the terrain1.
The maximum wading depth of the new Range Rover Evoque – now up to 23.6-in (600mm) – can be effectively monitored with the optional Wade Sensing feature. Ultrasonic sensors in the exterior mirrors are designed to measure the depth of the water the vehicle is currently wading and displays the measurement on the central touchscreen1.
The new Range Rover Evoque will also feature a variety of all-terrain technologies such as Hill Descent Control (HDC®), Gradient Release Control and All-Terrain Progress Control. Allied with features such as ClearSight Ground View, the all-new Range Rover Evoque has all the credentials to go above and beyond1.
A Reverse Camera is also featured as standard on all models, alongside a suite of standard advanced driver assistance systems including Lane Keep Assist, Emergency Braking5 and Driver Condition Monitor1.
- ‘ClearSight Ground View’ technology allows drivers to virtually see under the front of the vehicle – a realization of the 2014 ‘Transparent Bonnet’ research and development concept1
- ‘ClearSight Rear View Mirror’ delivers a high-definition view behind the vehicle revolutionizing rear visibility from the driver’s seat1
- InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system now available
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity allow the driver to use in-car optimized apps via the vehicle’s touchscreen2,3
- ‘Smart Settings’ feature learns driver preferences and readies the cabin for their journey
- InControl Remote™ keeps customers connected to the vehicle via a dedicated app
- Wireless over-the-air updates ensure the latest software is always available
The new Range Rover Evoque includes all-new features and cutting-edge technology, making it more connected than ever before.
ClearSight Ground View – the realization of the ‘Transparent Bonnet’ concept previewed by the Land Rover brand on the Discovery Vision concept – is a segment first. Cameras in the front grille and on the door mirrors project a feed onto the central touchscreen to show what is ahead of and underneath the front of the vehicle with a virtual 180-degree view1. Designed to help the driver maintain visibility when negotiating extreme terrains as well as high city curbs, this is yet another technological evolution that makes the new Range Rover Evoque ideal for traversing the urban jungle, the actual jungle and everything in between1.
The new ClearSight Rear View Mirror transforms into an HD video screen at the flip of a switch1. Designed to display a rear-facing camera feed onto the mirror, the driver’s view remains unrestricted by passengers or large items within the vehicle, while also providing a wider 50-degree field of vision using a camera positioned above the rear window1. This technology is also designed to deliver clearer visibility in low light conditions1.
Designed with a protective lip to prevent mud and water soiling the lens, there is also a hydrophobic coating that repels water spray. In the occurrence that the camera is ever obscured, drivers can change back to a traditional rear view mirror at the flip of a switch.
The optional Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro Duo infotainment system is central to the vehicle’s digital interior experience, combining two sleek 10-inch high-definition glass touchscreens, a 12.3-inch driver display behind the steering wheel and a full-color head-up display7. The result is a beautiful, ‘hidden until lit’ interior filled with state-of-the-art digital interfaces.
The ergonomic design and capacitive switches are designed to be easier and more intuitive to operate, allowing the driver to easily control a wide variety of technologies7. There is smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto2,3, as well as optional Click & Go rear-seat tablet holders with charging capability, 4G WiFi hotspot (for up to eight devices)4 and six USB slots located throughout the cabin.
The new Range Rover Evoque is also the first Land Rover vehicle to feature ‘Smart Settings’ technology, which uses advanced artificial intelligence algorithms to learn the driver’s habits over time. The ‘self-learning’ technology recognizes the driver from their key fob and phone and will set up their seat and steering column position on approach, allowing for up to eight profiles to be registered. After a few journeys, the Range Rover Evoque also remembers the driver’s preferred temperature settings, media preferences and commonly dialed numbers depending on the time or day of the week.
The InControl Remote™ smartphone application allows customers to stay in touch with their vehicle remotely. Customers can use their phone to find their vehicle or check the remaining fuel range, lock and unlock the vehicle remotely, as well as pre-heat or cool the cabin to the desired temperature.
The Range Rover Evoque is also the first Land Rover model to offer wireless software updates to the infotainment and vehicle systems which means the compact luxury SUV is able to continuously improve over time.
- Efficient new 48V mild-hybrid powertrain offered for the first time
- The Land Rover brand’s commitment to sustainability is evident in range of innovative new textiles, which offer sumptuous alternatives to leather
- Up to 72.8-lbs (33kg) of natural and recycled materials are used in every Range Rover Evoque
Land Rover has put electrification at the heart of the new Range Rover Evoque with a new hybrid-electric powertrain introduced to the vehicle family for the first time.
Built on the new Land Rover mixed-metal Premium Transverse Architecture, the Range Rover Evoque fuses innovative powertrains with sumptuous, sustainable materials. Up to 72.8-lbs (33kg) of natural and recycled material are used in each Range Rover Evoque to reduce environmental impact. The recycled materials are taken from a mixture of post-consumer or post-industrial sources within the supply chain.
The Land Rover brand’s drive for sustainability is further reflected in its move towards a wider choice of responsibly-sourced interior materials that retain the trademark luxurious feel of the Range Rover Evoque. Featuring ground-breaking textiles and trim finishes, two new seat options are available.
Customers can choose seats upholstered in a premium alternative to leather developed by Danish textile experts, Kvadrat – a high-quality material that combines a durable wool blend paired with a technical Dinamica® suedecloth, made from 53 recycled plastic bottles per vehicle8.
In addition, customers will have the option of a new Eucalyptus textile produced from natural fibers that when grown, uses significantly less water than traditional materials and features alongside a new lightweight performance material not derived from animals. Each option has a sumptuous feel and unique design, offering a truly premium alternative to leather.
“The way we make our vehicles and the materials that go into them are of vital importance to everyone at Jaguar Land Rover,” said Chris Thorp, Responsible Business Director, Jaguar Land Rover. “The use of recycled and natural materials in the new Evoque along with the addition of hybrid powertrains not only enhances its appeal but also underpins our approach to sustainable luxury.”
The new Range Rover Evoque will be available from launch with a 48-volt MHEV powertrain that harvests energy normally lost during deceleration and stores it in the underfloor battery. At speeds below 11mph (17km/h), the engine is designed to shut off while the driver applies the brakes.
When the driver accelerates, the stored energy is redeployed to assist the engine under acceleration, making the new Range Rover Evoque an ideal SUV for driving in congested, stop-start city traffic.
Additional details about the new 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, including pricing and start of delivery timing will be announced at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show in February. For more information in the interim please visit www.LandRoverUSA.com/allnewevoque to register your interest and stay up to date.
(1) These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner's manual or your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for more details.
(2) Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Do not operate, adjust or view the navigation or multimedia systems under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Only use mobile phones, and other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so.
(3) Android Auto™ functionality requires Android Auto™ app to be installed on compatible devices. Visit Android.com for details.
(4) The Wi-Fi hotspot is intended for passenger use only. InControl features may require an additional subscription with separate terms and conditions.
(5) Please note that if any action is taken, even minimal steering, the Emergency Braking system will assume the driver resumed control of the vehicle and the system will automatically disengage.
(6) This feature is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving, nor can it overcome all extreme circumstances. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for more details.
(7) Do not use Land Rover InControl® features under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control.
(8) 53 plastic bottles based on a 0.5cl bottle.
(9) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.