- Land Rover x Elliot Brown: Land Rover and watchmaker Elliot Brown create one of the world’s toughest watches
- Row GB Challenge: Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch is official timekeeper for 2,000-mile row around UK coast for the British Red Cross and JustOneOcean
- Tough conditions: Challenge is the perfect test for a tough timepiece that will be available in the U.S. later this year as a hero piece of the Land Rover Above and Beyond collection
- Follow: Track the rowers’ progress at exeendurow.com
- Donate: Support the team’s charities at justgiving.com/crowdfunding/exe-endurow
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – July 7, 2020 – Land Rover and watch maker Elliot Brown are right behind a team rowing 2,000 miles around the UK coast for charity.
The tough new Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch is the official timekeeper for one of the world’s greatest rowing tests – the Row GB Challenge. Four rowers are taking on the seas to raise money for the British Red Cross and environmental charity JustOneOcean.
Oliver Dawe-Lane, Arthur Chatto, Harry Lidgely, and Charles Bromhead departed from Tower Bridge in London to row around Great Britain – a daunting 2,000-mile, unassisted row. After using the New Land Rover Defender to launch their quad boat into the water, the team set off wearing new Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watches for the crucial timekeeping ahead.
“We are very grateful to team Exe Endurow for choosing to raise money for the British Red Cross as they take on this incredible challenge,” said Paul Amadi, Chief Supporter Officer, British Red Cross.
Amadi added, “The British Red Cross has supported people in crisis for over 150 years and the money raised will help us continue to support the most vulnerable people. The British Red Cross has helped the nation through its darkest days and coronavirus is no exception. We are focused on supporting people through this crisis by delivering food and medicine, making sure refugees and people seeking asylum are safe, and supporting the NHS to get patients home from hospital. We wish Arthur, Harry, Charles and Oliver the best of luck.”
“The New Land Rover Defender is the most capable Land Rover ever built and has been tested to the extremes. The Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch has endured more punishing tests than any other watch and it will enable fans of both brands to continue to go Above and Beyond,” said Joe Sinclair, Jaguar Land Rover Director of Branded Goods. “The Exe Endurow team embodies this spirit of adventure with their amazing 2,000-mile expedition. Everyone at Land Rover wishes them huge success.”
The Land Rover x Elliot Brown watch is based on the original Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch that was developed with a specialist branch of the UK armed forces. Built to withstand extreme military field tests and harsh environments, it was the first British-designed military watch supplied to the unit in more than a decade. All this makes it the natural choice for a Land Rover special-edition timepiece – and perfect for the daunting Row GB Challenge.
The Land Rover x Elliot Brown watch will be available in the U.S. later this year as part of the Land Rover brand’s Above and Beyond collection of technical clothing and equipment.
Land Rover has been manufacturing vehicles that represent capability and durability since 1948. The 2020 Land Rover Defender 110, on sale now in the U.S. from $49,0001, is the most capable and connected Land Rover yet.
For more information on the New Defender and the wider Land Rover lineup, visit LandRoverUSA.com.
About the Holton for Land Rover by Elliot Brown watch
- Tested to extremes: Every watch is rigorously tested and must pass three separate pressure tests using air and water. In addition Elliot Brown watches have been put through real-world testing, surviving being strapped to the bows of round-the-world yachts and submerged to depths of 1,921m.
- Total water protection: A bolted-down compressor caseback system and triple-sealed crowns provide impressive water protection up to 200m.
- Unsurpassed durability: Case and strap bars are made from marine-grade 316L stainless steel and an incredibly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass.
- Ultra-shock resistant: The precision Swiss quartz movement is housed inside a proprietary shock protection system. The watch can survive the impact of a 3kg stainless mallet which imparts a force of about 5000G.
- Clear visibility day to night: Clear, easy-to-read dial with defined hour, minute and second hands to reduce confusion and flooded with highly luminous markers for essential visibility at night.
- Easy to operate: An easy-to-grip, rotating case hardened timing bezel that can be operated even with a gloved hand.
- Strong and secure straps: The EPDM rubber strap is hypoallergenic and resistant to seawater, UV rays and extreme cold temperatures. The watch also comes with an easy-to-change lightweight webbing strap option with double selvedges that is infinitely adjustable with no holes to fray and a lifetime antibacterial treatment.
Reliability: Trusted by UK armed forces and Mountain Rescue England and Wales, it comes with a five-year warranty and three-year battery life.