- World record holder and stunt driver battle for New Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch
- Rower Arthur Chatto takes on stunt and racing driver Jess Hawkins to win the ultra-tough watch
- Arthur goes on foot off road against the all-terrain icon, the Land Rover Defender 110
- Challenge is a perfect test for the new ultra-durable and capable watch
- New Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch available now https://shop.landrover.com/elliot-brown-holton-professional-watch
- Very limited quantity of 10 watches available in the US for $624 before tax
- Watch the video here
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – December 2, 2020 – The New Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch has proved its toughness in a unique race.
Elliot Brown builds tough watches that are relied upon by organizations such as Mountain Rescue and specialist units of the UK Armed Forces. Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic vehicles that represent true breath of capability. This extraordinary provenance and shared philosophy provided the perfect catalyst to collaborate to create this special edition watch.
Guinness World Record rower Arthur Chatto challenged stunt driver and W Series racing driver Jess Hawkins for his special edition timepiece. He went on foot off road against Jess in her Land Rover Defender 110, with the winner to keep the watch.
Arthur bets Jess he can get there faster on foot than she can in her Defender – or he’ll hand it over. The watch emerges unscathed after being plunged into a river and driven over by Jess’s Defender on a muddy track.
The Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch is based on the original Elliot Brown Holton Professional that was developed with a specialist branch of the UK armed forces. Built to withstand harsh environments, the watch truly goes above and beyond in terms of its capability and durability.
“I knew Jess Hawkins would go flat out to try to win my Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch. She’s a stuntwoman and a racing driver – so it’s the perfect choice for her,” said Arthur Chatto. “Having set a world record rowing around Great Britain wearing the watch I know how tough the watch is, so I was determined to keep it."
“Accepting Arthur Chatto’s wager was great fun. The new Land Rover Defender and the Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch are a perfect pair – both as tough as they look and highly desirable,” said Jess Hawkins.
Arthur Chatto used his Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional as official timekeeper on the record-breaking GB Row Challenge around the British coast in July 2020 – a 2,000-mile test of strength and endurance. The four-man team are the youngest to complete the distance.
The Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch is part of Land Rover’s Above and Beyond Collection of technical clothing and equipment, priced at $624 in the US.
It is available globally through Land Rover Retailers and online in select markets.
About the Land Rover x Elliot Brown Holton Professional watch
- Total water protection: A bolted down compressor caseback system and triple-sealed crown provide impressive water protection up to 200m
- Extreme durability: Case and strap bars are made from marine grade 316L stainless steel and an incredibly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass
- Ultra-shock resistant: The precision Swiss quartz movement is housed inside a proprietary shock protection system. The watch can survive the impact of a 3kg stainless steel mallet which imparts a force of circa 5000G
- Clear visibility day to night: Clear, easy to read dial with defined hour, minute and second hands to reduce confusion and flooded with highly luminous markers for essential visibility at night
- Easy to operate: An easy to grip, rotating case hardened timing bezel that can be operated even with a gloved hand
- Strong and secure straps: The EPDM rubber strap is hypoallergenic and resistant to seawater, UV rays and extreme cold temperatures. The watch also comes with an easy to change lightweight webbing strap option. It is tough and infinitely adjustable with no holes to fray and a lifetime antibacterial treatment
Reliability: Trusted by UK Armed Forces and Mountain Rescue England and Wales. Comes