- Land Rover Rochester crowned winner of the off-road skills competition for the brand’s U.S. retailers
- Land Rover Los Angeles and Land Rover Calgary (Canada) take second and third place respectively
- 300 Land Rover retailer employees from around the U.S. and Canada competed in the off-road skills challenge at the Land Rover Experience Center in Manchester, Vermont
- Each three-person team piloted specially outfitted 2023 Defender 110 vehicles during the event
Land Rover is proud to announce the winner of its TReK 2022 adventure competition for U.S. and Canada retailers, Land Rover of Rochester, New York has won for the second year in a row. This year’s event took place across several states, beginning at Jaguar Land Rover North America headquarters, in Mahwah, New Jersey and ending at the Land Rover Experience Center in Manchester, Vermont. Following the winning team in a close battle for second and third place were Land Rover of Los Angeles, California and Land Rover Calgary, Canada respectively.
TReK 2022 was a two-day competition which took place over September and early October was inspired by the original Camel Trophy competition. TReK, was designed for Land Rover retailer staff to educate and test their off-road driving expertise across the U.S. and Canada in off-road driving, navigation and team collaboration.
“Our congratulations to the top three winning retailers, along with all of the 300 participants from across North America who demonstrated their competitive spirit in this year’s Trek competition,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America.” “We are all so proud of the skill and determination the teams demonstrated, exemplifying the capability built into every Defender.”
President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America
100 three-person teams (90 from the U.S. and 10 from Canada) - each representing the various sales regions for Land Rover across the U.S. and Canada – were pitted against each other in head-to-head team and group challenges. The teams competed in a series of 100 identically customized 2023 Land Rover Defender 110 vehicles for the Regional Trials.
The qualifying retail teams that competed in the Land Rover TReK 2022 finals were:
- Land Rover North Atlanta
- Land Rover Buckhead
- Land Rover Richmond (Canada)
- Land Rover Tulsa
- Land Rover Freeport
- Land Rover Roaring Fork
- Land Rover London (Canada)
- Land Rover Woodland Hills