- The Defender brand family will be exclusively featured April 27-30, 2023, at the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by MARS Equestrian
- The eight-seat Defender 130 adds a new dimension to the Defender family, with exceptional cargo capacity and towing abilities which align with the equestrian lifestyle
- Defender-related activities have been curated for Defender Enthusiasts and will feature a variety of modern lifestyle experiences
- Defender off-road course, demonstrating the capability, technology, and durable and advanced materials which make the Defender ideal for the equestrian world
- An all-new Defender Experience is an interactive space which showcases the Defender models, facilitates meet and greets with Equestrian Riders, and hosts opportunities to immerse oneself in the World of Defender
- Exclusive for Land Rover owners, The Owner’s Courtyard, a modern relaxation area, offers the perfect escape to enjoy a refreshment and take in the live music
- Defender vehicles will be prominently displayed throughout the event grounds, at highly visible jumps, including at the iconic Defender Head of the Lake
- For junior equestrian enthusiasts, an unforgettable kiddie course featuring electric-powered mini Defender models will be available
- The Owners Meadow, the premiere way for owners to enjoy Saturday’s cross-country event, with exciting views of the horses and riders during this spirited competition
- This year’s winner of the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event will be awarded a 12-month lease of a Defender 130
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – April 27, 2023 – Expressing leadership in modern luxury experiences, the Defender brand family is proud to partner for the fifth consecutive year with the US Equestrian Federation (USEF) as title sponsor for Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by MARS Equestrian™ returning to the Kentucky Horse Park from April 27-30, 2023.
Alongside the critically acclaimed Defender 90 and Defender 110, the new Defender 130 will be featured at this year’s event. The 130 adds another dimension to the highly capable lineup of all-terrain vehicles, with adventuring opportunities for up to eight adults across three rows of full-size seating. Featuring a choice of robust yet elegant interior surfaces, a transformable cargo area with up to 80.9 cu/ft, and towing capacity of up to, 8,200lbs1, the Defender 130 offers a host of design enhancements ideally suiting the equestrian lifestyle. The triumphant rider of the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day event will be awarded a 12 month lease of a Defender 130.
The Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event is one of only seven annual Five Star three-day events in the world and is home to the highest level of competition in equestrian sports. Known as “The Best Weekend All Year,” the event annually attracts more than 80,000 spectators who enjoy extensive shopping, a variety of hospitality experiences, and a wide array of demonstrations.
Along with exclusive opportunities which align with the modern, equestrian lifestyle, attendees can experience firsthand why the Defender makes the ideal choice for the equestrian family. An off-road drive park, staffed by experienced instructors from the Land Rover Experience Centers across North America will excite participants by demonstrating the extraordinary capability of Defender. Children aged four to ten years-old can get in on the excitement and earn their “Defender License” by navigating a specially designed course in battery-powered replicas of iconic Defender models.
Around the event grounds are bespoke experiences curated specially for event attendees and Defender brand enthusiasts. The all-new Defender Experience is an interactive space and will feature a variety of distinct experiences including the Owner’s Courtyard, a hospitality and entertainment area exclusively available to Land Rover vehicle owners. The space will showcase a full expression of the Defender lifestyle, including accessories and merchandise, and will feature a Defender 110 equipped with The US Equestrian Federation Pack, a curated suite of equestrian lifestyle and vehicle accessories for the Defender.
The Owners Meadow will be the premiere way to enjoy Saturday’s cross-country phase, with exciting views of the horses and riders. Exclusive for Land Rover Owners, an area has been reserved for owners to relish in the community and excitement of the event, next to their vehicle.
We are honored to return as the title sponsor of the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event and to showcase the Defender brand family. Defender experiences have been integrated throughout the event and highlight how the Defender models are the vehicle of choice for the equestrian lifestyle, including the Defender 130, with seating for up to eight.
Chief Marketing Officer, US of Jaguar Land Rover North America
The Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event attracts the top international and national horse-and-rider combinations for a weekend of compelling competition. Featuring the USEF National Championship, this event is the highlight of the eventing season in North America and remains one of the most prestigious Three-Day Eventing competitions in the world. Defender’s new presence at world-class competitions and the engineering of refined and capable vehicles enables the Equestrian community to make more of their world.